According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the decision to have plastic surgery is extremely personal. You will have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications of liposuction are acceptable.
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure and any risks and potential complications.
Liposuction risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Change in skin sensation that may persist
- Damage to deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels, muscles, lungs, and abdominal organs
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Fluid accumulation
- Irregular contours or asymmetries
- Irregular pigmentation
- Need for revision surgery
- Persistent swelling
- Poor wound healing
- Rippling or loose skin, worsening of cellulite
- Thermal burn or heat injury from ultrasound with the ultrasound-assisted lipo-plastic technique.
I have written many articles where I express the reasons why in theory fibrosis develops that leaves us unhappy, but also some more that I have added, based on my almost thirty years of professional practice.
Many patients who visit our practice looking for our treatment to remove their fibrosis, enunciate a tone of treatments they have done in other practices such as cavitation, radio-frequency, ultrasound, carboxytherapy, wood-therapy, endermologie, shock-wave, regular massages, lymphatic drainage massages, cupping, applications of unauthorized injections that come from others Countries through the black market, etc. etc. Obviously, none of these methods is good enough, because if so, they would have been happy with that result and would not come to our practice to seek our treatment. In some cases, they have performed a revision surgery. Many say: “The surgeon wanted to remove the fibrosis with a revision surgery”, and it is very logical, the surgeon will do what he knows how to do: surgery. Up to the present, of all that I have named and more, I can tell you with absolute honesty that what works moderately is in some cases carboxytherapy and revision surgery. Let me tell you that carboxytherapy is an invasive, painful and expensive procedure that can improve the general appearance of the affected area, but only improving it in many cases does not achieve a completely optimal result, but if we take into account that in many places, those who apply the Carboxytherapy are people not authorized or licensed to perform this procedure that must be performed only by a doctor. Neither beauticians, nor massage therapists, body-wrappers, or cosmetologists are authorized to perform this procedure. I have written many articles where I express the reasons why in theory fibrosis develops that leaves us unhappy, but also some more that I have added, based on my almost thirty years of professional practice.
At the beginning of this article, I have detailed all the possible risks of liposuction surgery and therefore, the risks of a “revision surgery” which is another surgery to correct the imperfections that were left of the first surgery. Now I detail the risks of fibrosis treatment:
· A little painful at first because we are working on unhealthy tissue, diseased tissue. With the successive sessions, this level of pain is greatly reduced and neutralized.
· The result is permanent, the fibrosis does not return.
· Maybe you don’t get the result you expected, I said “maybe” because the result also depends on which machine, they used to remove the fibrosis before arriving at our Practice.
· The answer of the million, if we can remove the fibrosis completely.
· It is a non-invasive treatment, with a price available to anyone, now it will be better because we are giving payment plans.
· Sorry, I couldn’t quote any risk, because I can’t find any.
Finally, I would like to introduce our technique called “Sotelo-Paz technique for fibrosis treatment and soft tissue mobilization” TM and tell you why not give you the opportunity to try this less risky, more economical and less invasive treatment before going to another surgery? The answer is yours.